Translate



Saturday, 25 October 2014

Autumn Trends: Dark Lips and Black Velvet

Hello Everybody,

Firstly, I must apologise for my lack of posts recently,I have been super busy with rehearsals and the likes but now I'm back and ready to blog. (yay!)

Today's post is going to be about my two most favourite trends this Autumn. Dark lips and black velvet. For this I've chosen Topshop's 'Beguiled' lipstick which is a very wearable dark purple. Even though it looks quite scary here it really doesn't come out as dark when applied, which I must admit I was slightly disappointed about. More of a deep fuchsia, though you can layer it to create a deeper colour. (as long as you're not planning on eating anything any time soon!) Never fear, it's still one of my favourite lipsticks and I've been wearing it non stop this season.

If you know me, you know how much I love my bows and when I saw this one in Topshop I couldn't resist. It's not actually classified as a hair accessory which I find rather odd (what else would you do with it?!) and comes with a safety pin attached. After some fairly straight-forward mangling with a kirby grip or two I sorted it out. I adore how the texture adds a whole new dimension to the look, not to mention it's so soft and cuddly too. Dark, daring and a little bit glamorous.


Just to note, I'm wearing red lipstick here, not purple!
I really hope you've enjoyed reading this post, what's your favourite trend this Autumn?

Remember to follow this blog on bloglovin as we're getting super close to 100 Nymphs (squee!).

More Autumn here.

Until the next post, Niamh xx

7 comments:

  1. My fave trend most definitely has to be the dark lips, especially purple. Mac rebel is my fave autumnal lipstick:-) Looooove your posts <3

    Love Charlotte xxxxx
    scarletslippers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I've been dying to give that a try - dark lips are the best! Thank you so much! I love YOU!

      Niamh xx

      Delete
  2. I love dark lips too! This Topshop one looks lovely, I must give it a swatch!
    I love how you've styled the bow in your hair, you look so pretty!

    Amy X
    www.atouchofpastels.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fab! I love it a lot! Aw thank you so much! Bows are my favourite thing <3

      Niamh xx

      Delete
  3. Hey sweety, nice post ! I follow you from http://beautymagicbox.blogspot.nl/, don't forget to follow back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tagged you to do the 'Me Time' TAG- http://atouchofpastels.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/the-me-time-tag-pamper-night.html
    I'd love to see you do it so let me know if you do!

    Amy X
    www.atouchofpastels.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope to get round to it! Will check it out thank you!

      Niamh xx

      Delete

More Reading..