Translate



Saturday, 6 September 2014

High End Splurges


Hello Everyone,

Recently I have splurged on some high end products. Oops. I don't usually buy a lot of high end products. As much as I'd love to, they always come with a high end price tag and can be quite tricky to source. So I slink back to Boots and find a drug-store alternative, until now. I have yet to do a blog post focusing on purely high end products so I have decided today to share my high end splurges with you. So we can all share in the luxuriousness of this very post. (or give my purse a breather at least)

Naked Skin by Urban Decay
I had done quite a bit of research into this foundation. My L'Oréal true match was sticking to my dry patches and had begun oxidising (which when you're pale, is a complete DISASTER). My BB cream wasn't cutting it either. So I began the hunt for a new foundation. I wanted medium coverage, not so light that it might as well not be there but not cakey and heavy either. I was essentially looking for a good, solid everyday foundation. I was also looking for something a bit more skin-friendly as I was concerned that all the chemicals in my other foundations were leading to break outs. A natural finish, very pale shade and easy to blend. Nothing else would do. So I scoured the internet and compiled all the reviews to reach one verdict - Naked Skin was the one for me. I strode into Brown Thomas, batting away the 'Do you want me to colour match you?' (never again) 'Do you need a powder/eye-shadow/lip gloss with that?' and managed to walk out with Urban Decay's Naked Skin in the shade 0.5 . I have only used this once so far, so I will save my thoughts for a proper review once I have analysed its pros and cons.

Bare Minerals Prime Time
I had bought the Bare Minerals starter kit last year, mainly for the foundation and it included a sample version of Bare Minerals Prime Time. Hands down the best primer I have ever used. I had 3 hours of sweaty rehearsal, lunch, shopping, a full show and nothing budged. So as I was saving this sample for special cases only, I decided to go out and buy its cheaper rival the Body Shop's InstaBlur primer. Unfortunately, I am not a fan of this primer. I might as well be putting Bonjela on my face (that's what it feels like). It does very little and you need lots to cover your whole face. That was the deal breaker, I caved in and bought the 30ml Prime Time. Good-bye melting make up!

Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm
I bought this at a Spa day when I was in Ediburgh. Ooh Niamh, I didn't know you went on Spa Days! Well, I don't but this was a one off opportunity - to have my privacy completely and utterly invaded. I ate lunch in the Hotel bar wearing nothing but a dressing gown - need I say more? Anyway, after the treatments and healthy special spa lunch and plenty of whale noises I decided to have a browse of the skincare stand. After reading lots of reviews online about how terrible I am for using (dun dun dunnn) make-up wipes, I decided to treat my skin to a cleansing balm. Claiming to remove all make up and daily grime as well as boost your skin with everything that is good in the world. AND it smelt of geraniums and yummy things. As it happened I had completely run out of make up remover (preparation is key) and needed some anyway. I strolled out the main entrance (fully clothed now of course) swinging my Elemis bag at passers by, convinced I would wake up with a whole new face. It doesn't exactly do that but it does smell nice.




I really hope you have enjoyed this post, let me know if you've splurged on anything recently.

Also, If you have any suggestions or requests or particular types of blog posts you enjoy reading then make sure you leave a lovely comment here and I will try my best to write some for you.

Remember to follow this blog on bloglovin to become part of the Nymph clan and stay up to date with all things bloggy.

Click here for a surprise post!

Until the next post, Niamh xx

6 comments:

  1. Been looking for a decent foundation, the Naked Skin is a bit too expensive though :\ I guess I need to invest for a better quality :D I look forward to seeing the review!

    xx
    http://felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have used it a couple of times now and I'm really enjoying it! Sometimes it is worth paying that bit extra! xx

      Delete
  2. Nice post! I nominated you for the Liebster award! x

    ReplyDelete

More Reading..