Translate



Monday, 15 September 2014

City ventures and shoplifting fun | Scrapbook Snaps

Hello Everyone,

I'm going to do another Scrapbook Snaps post today. The last one was really popular and I enjoy adding a more casual slant to my lifestyle posts.

Today's pictures are coupled with an little anecdote from when I went into the city for rehearsals and the only bus was 4 hours beforehand (hooray for public transport) so I had a lot of time to kill. Firstly I went into Debenhams to go to the ladies where a tiny old man was wandering around looking for the exit. #totallynormal

I then came out and picked up some food for later on in M&S (grabbing the one remaining chicken sandwich) before heading down to Topshop.

I went into Topshop and wandered and gazed longingly at all the new collection and then spotted this gorgeous dress. (see picture) I had wanted to get this dress ages ago when it first came out for prom season but not having anywhere to wear it to and not having any money, I decided against the idea.

But..and it's a big but - this dress was the only one on the reduced rack. Reduced from a whopping €103 to €27! And it was in my size. So I decided to try it on - surely a little thing like that can't hurt?
Well that sealed it, I just had to get the dress. So, using a combination of my lunch money and bus fare, I bought it! Although at the time it probably wasn't the wisest decision, I am glad I bought it.

I then headed into the art gallery (oooh!) and wasted some time in there looking at some very unhappy regal portraits. To be fair there were some nice landscapes too. I then popped to Costa and scraped together tuppence for a peach lemonade. (it was roasting!)

I then strolled back to Debenhams with my now very heavy bag ( I should really invest in a rucksack) before going to rehearsals. That was where the real fun began. So I walked into Debenhams, as one does, and set off the security alarms. I thought nothing of it and reassured myself that I am not a thief and therefore have nothing to worry about. I then walked into the beauty section where they had cunningly put another set of alarms (WOOP WOOP WOOP - that's the alarm btw.) I convinced myself their must be something wrong with the alarm and walked back through it, setting it off again. I was slightly panicked at this point so decided the best option was to get out ASAP. So I strode back out the entrance, setting off another set of alarms, and quickly off into the crowd, looking impossibly guilty. Not only was this a huge inconvenience, it made absolutely no sense! And the evil glares from passers by! I might as well of had 'shoplifter' tattooed on my forehead.

When I finally got home after an hour wait in the bus station surrounded by dodgy youths, and another hour and a half bus ride home, I opened my bag to reveal a big fat security tag left on my dress.

I just like to thank Topshop for an eventful and publicly humiliating time all thanks to your dozy cashier.



Nice view from the bus at least!

I really hope you have enjoyed this post, would you have done the same?!

To see pics like these all the time, follow my Instagram linked in the side bar!

Remember  to follow this blog on bloglovin to become part of the Nymph clan and stay up to date with all things bloggy.

Click here for my last Scrapbook Snaps.

Until the next post, Niamh xx

4 comments:

  1. Lovely post!! You look gorgeous in the flowery dress :) that's so annoying about the security tag!! haha, Love your blog.

    Charlotte Xx http://www.charlottekirk96.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! I know right?! Grr. Thank you :)

      Niamh xx

      Delete
  2. I love your dress, you look amazing in it!
    Love this kind of post,

    Amy X
    www.atouchofpastels.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! You really made me smile with that comment :)

      Niamh xx

      Delete

More Reading..