Translate



Sunday, 31 August 2014

OOTD: Maxi retro


Hello Everyone,

Today I am posting an Outfit of the Day from my trip to Scotland. (note the tartan bow) We were staying in a B&B right on the beach so as you can imagine, it was rather windy.
The sun was being absolutely awkward so it was super hard to take pictures and as a result, please excuse the lighting and my squinty-ness! 

We were off to dinner at a posh-ish Hotel so I reckoned it was the perfect time to whip out the maxi skirt. It was also festival season so baring that in mind I went for a fun but functional sort of look. I wanted to make a statement and go all out with my outfit by teaming a monochrome gingham bralet with a tomato red maxi skirt. Teamed with my vintage necklace, Topshop heels and retro print bomber, I was good to go. Bold, brazen and of course gloriously retro.

I promise I'm not frowning - just helplessly squinting!

Gingham bralet - Topshop
Tomato Maxi Skirt - M&S
Bag - Topshop
Cameo necklace - Farrell and Brown
Chunky sandals - Topshop
Tartan Bow - River Island 

A close up - looking slightly less windswept

Lipstick - S&G perfect day.

 I really hope you have enjoyed this post, have you embraced the fashion massive that is the maxi skirt?

Remember to follow this blog on bloglovin to become a Nymph and join us in all things bloggy. (Make sure you check out all my social media linked in the side bar too so we can chit-chat.)

 For more of my gallivanting 'round the highlands (aka trip to Scotland) click here!

Until the next post, Niamh xx



2 comments:

  1. That skirt is so gorgeous, the colour suits you so much. Also adore the shoes!

    Catherine xx
    www.youwishyou.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! Me too - they're surprisingly comfy!

      Niamh xxx

      Delete

More Reading..