Translate



Sunday, 20 July 2014

Summer Essentials

Hello Everybody.

Today I am going to be sharing my top 5  summer essentials with you all. I'm going to be doing more of a beauty/fashion/lifestyle version of essentials; so I'm assuming you've already stocked up on high factor sun-cream and plenty of bottled water!

1. BB cream
BB cream is a beauty must have in summer as it not only offers lighter coverage but many come with SPF protection for those super sunny days. I love my Revlon Photoready BB cream (in the shade 010 Light/Pale) as it gives me really light and breathable coverage and at the same time covering and concealing any spots and blemishes. This BB cream also comes with SPF 30 which is a huge bonus as I burn so easily, not to mention the shade is a pretty good match for my ghostly skin tone! (take note pale girls!)

2. Sunglasses
I used to be very sceptical when it came to sunglasses as I always saw them as the cool fashion accessory for celebs and off duty models. Also having worn glasses for a huge chunk of my life I was in no rush to add any more to my collection! I recently went to TK Maxx and picked up a gorgeous pair of GUESS purple/burgundy winged sunnies. I never thought I could love a pair of glasses so much but when I tried them on, they suited my face shape to a T, I just couldn't say no! And as an added bonus, they have UV protection and were reduced down to €39!

3. Maxi Skirt
This is a very new addition to my summer wardrobe. Up until now I haven't owned a full length Maxi Skirt. I don't know why, maybe I thought that full length meant frumpy - how wrong could I be?! I spotted a gorgeous tomato coloured maxi skirt in M&S the other week and tried it on a the changing rooms and it looked even more stunning off the hanger. Maxi skirts are an elegant way to keep cool while adding a boho vibe to your outfit. They can easily be dressed down with a denim jacket and pool-siders and or up with a bralet and statement necklace. Trés Chic.

4. Cover up
On thing I always struggle to find during summer is a good cover up. Whether that be a kimono or 
cardigan or long-line wrap, I can never find the right one. And if by some miracle I do, the price tag is always ridiculously high. I just can't find it in me to pay €60 on a very thin piece of cloth however fashionable it might be! (cough cough, River Island, cough) I have since discovered the bomber jacket, versatile, sustainable and looks pretty great too. There are lots available in gorgeous floral and vintage prints to destroy any masculinity it may carry and are ideal for wearing with dresses, jeans, jumpsuits - you name it, they've got it covered. (literally!)

5. Ice cream
I scream, you scream we all scream for - you've guessed it - ICE CREAM! There's nothing better on a hot summer's day than a delicious tower of ice cream to cool you down. My favourite flavour being honeycomb -mmm!  I also love sorbet, even perhaps a tad more than ice cream. It's just so refreshing and summery. What more could you ask for?

Just chillin'.


I really hope you have enjoyed this post, if you did definitely let me know in the comments and more importantly, let me know what you favourite flavour ice cream is!

Remember to follow this blog on bloglovin to become part of the Nymph clan!

Click here for a surprise post!

Click here to see my winter essentials!

Until the next post, Niamh xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

More Reading..