Translate



Sunday, 3 August 2014

How to: Halo Braid

Hello Everyone,

Today I have got a hairstyle how to on the ever so popular milkmaid braid. I decided to be brave and wore this out shopping recently and received quite a few complements while wearing it. I love how quick and easy it was to do and how it kept my hair out of my face. I think this is a particularly good hairstyle for summer as it really helps stop you hair getting hot and droopy with (what seems like) quite a intricate and effortlessly pretty style.


1. Brush your hair and ensure it is tangle free, apply any product for hold (if necessary). I like to use my Argan oil in the tips of my hair to make them more malleable.

2. Part your hair in half ensuring there are no strays hiding at the back!


3. Plait each side, holding the hair slightly away from your face and secure with a bobble.


4. I like to pull out my plaits to make them a bit messier and chunkier but if this was a formal do, you could skip this step.


5. Bring one plait up over your head. Depending on how long your hair is it should meet around the half way parting.


6. Take out the bobble and secure in place with 3 to 4 kirby grips/bobby pins. Don't worry if it looks a little messy!


7. Do the same with the other plait, this time bringing it in front of your secured plait and pinning it in place with hair grips, tucking the messy strands underneath the back plait.


8. Pin in any flyaways and make sure all ends are tucked in and hidden. Pull out some strands at the front, if you'd like a more laid back 'do.


 9. Spritz with some hairspray/finishing spray to keep it in place all day. I used the Frizz-Ease serum finishing spray.


10. Stand back in disbelief and admire your fabulous milkmaid braid!


Top tip: If you have shorter hair you could definitely just use half your head of hair and just braid the front.

Top tip: use clear elastics for more hold without messing up your style.



 I really hope you enjoyed this post, let me know if you would brave the milkmaid braid!

Remember to follow this blog on bloglovin to keep updated and become part of the Nymph clan!

For more How tos click here!

Until the next post, Niamh xx

4 comments:

  1. I love this look, it's just so pretty! I'm yet to try it but it looks great on you!

    I’ve nominated you for the Liebster Award! To learn more about it and see the questions i’ve given you to answer, click here- http://atouchofpastels.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/nominated-for-liebster-award.html

    Keep up the good work, happy blogging!

    Amy X
    www.atouchofpastels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you!

      I'll have a look at that thanks!

      Happy blogging :)

      Niamh xx

      Delete
  2. I'm obsessed with this hairstyle at the moment its great, see my look with it on my blog http://beckierackham.blogspot.co.uk/ :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! Will do!

      Niamh x

      Delete

More Reading..