Translate



Sunday, 27 April 2014

Pretty, natural, drug-store school make-up look

Hello Everyone,

Today I am going to be showing you how I do one of my favourite make up looks that has been gracing the runways this Spring/Summer 2014; fresh and natural! Get that healthy glow using just a handful of products with an air of 'Oh I woke up like this'. This make up is perfect for school or college and also great for everyday and just about any day really! I am going to be using drug-store make up for this look to accommodate those on a budget!

Base
For a natural look, base products should be kept to a minimum. I would recommend using a BB cream as it looks really natural while still giving you some light coverage. For this look I am using my current favourite, the Revlon Photoready BB cream in the fairest shade. If you feel you do need extra coverage then I would recommend the L'Oréal true match foundation for a medium coverage and natural finish. Next, I'm dabbing some Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in Fair 1 onto any blemishes and dark circles. If you get particularly oily, you may add powder to your T-zone at this point; but I like a dewy base so I'm omitting that step!

Cheeks
For cheeks I'm using Soap and Glory's cheek tint in the shade Rosy Glow. Cheek tints are great for adding a flush of colour and look much less cakey than a powder blush. You can also pop this on your lips for extra rosiness.

Eyes
I'm keeping the eyes simple by sweeping a pinky toned matte eye-shadow all over the lid. For this I'm using Pink T from the Soap and Glory Palette 'What's Nude?'. To brighten up my eyes I'm adding some Vanilla eye-shadow from 'What's Nude?' to my inner corners and blending with my fingers. I'm then adding one coat  of Peep Show mascara by No.17 and applying that to my upper and lower lashes. Choose a mascara that gives natural definition; massive voluminous lashes will look too fake and fluttery for this look!

Lips
Tinted lip balms are fab for adding colour while keeping your lips hydrated. I've chosen Maybelline's Babylips in Pink Punch (this stuff smells like a tropical island - I'm not even joking!)



Click here to see the video version of this!

I really hope you've enjoyed this post, let me know if you would wear this look in the comments below!

Remember to follow me on Instagram, Twitter and bloglovin and like the Facebook page to stay up to date with posts, pics and more!

Until the next post, Niamh xx

2 comments:

  1. the soap and glory products look so pretty but I was just wondering whether you think the products are worth the price?? what products of theirs would you recommend? new to your blog and in love <3 please check out our blog and drop a comment xxxx
    www.heypinklemonade.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really fab! I particularly love the Lid stuff palette, the solar powder bronzer and the Fabulipsticks! I have recently got lots more new S&G products which will be featuring in an upcoming blogpost and video! I have one post on Soap and Glory bath and shower products here - http://itsmeniamhalice.blogspot.ie/2014/01/soap-and-glory.html :) thanks so much! Of course! :)

      Delete

More Reading..