Translate



Sunday, 26 January 2014

Time to Blossom - how to update your Winter Wardrobe for Spring.


Hello Everyone,

As winter finally comes to an end and the first signs of spring appear, your outfits should do the same.

Unfortunately we can’t just flick a switch and have our whole wardrobe brightened and updated, but, with a few small touches, your winter clothes won’t seem so cold any-more!

Floral Scarves

Take an average
winter outfit of jeans and a jumper and pep it up with a light floral-print scarf.
Scarves are a super easy way to brighten up an outfit
and of course keep you nice as warm as Spring can still be quite chilly!






 Softer Make-up

 Stay away from strong flicks and lips this month and soften your entire look.
 Think brown or coffee coloured liner and mascara for more natural definition.

 Step away from the bronzer and warm your skin with a peachy toned blush.  Keep the lips a natural rose or nude pink.

 I really like the Natural Collection in Boots for soft natural make up.
       





Frilly Socks

Now we’re finally ditching boots for shoes, we can re-introduce socks into our outfit.
 Nothing ruins a pretty outfit quite like some old Bart Simpson socks with a hole in the toe!
Frilly socks are a cute feminine touch to any outfit and really pretty up your jeans and shoes. Frilly socks can be found all over the high street but I particularly like the ones from Topshop.




Pastel Nail Polish

I think that nail polish really completes your look. By adding some pretty pales to your nails, your outfit will get a well needed lift.

I really like the Barry M nail polish in Blue Moon, which is a vintage blue. I've also been loving Rimmel 60 second nail polish in the shade 'Ethereal',
which is a pearly pink.

I've heard great things about Topshop nail polishes and would really like to try some as they do such pretty pastel polishes. When I get my hands on some I'll be sure to let you know my verdict!



I hope you've enjoyed this post! Let me know what you're doing to brighten up your wardrobe this month.
Until the next post, 

Niamh x


2 comments:

More Reading..