Translate



Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Make up with me!

Hello Everyone!

I thought you might be interested in one of my favourite spring/summer make up looks :)

Step 1 : 

Apply your favourite foundation / BB cream mixed with moisturiser ( about 1/2 and 1/2)

I use No. 7 Stay Perfect in the lightest shade and L'oreal triple active
 glow moisturizer.

I would recommend them both highly, the moisturiser also has SPF 15, to help protect your skin from the sun.

When choosing a foundation, I would recommend investing in a reasonably good quality brand , not high end just good quality!

*The Most important thing about buying foundation is buy the same colour as your skin, to add colour use a flush of bronzer or blusher! I cannot stress how silly it looks to have an orange face!*                                                                         

Adding moisturiser creates a really dewy fresh faced look! A lot of people think you need to have a lot of foundation on to look flawless but you don't, quite the opposite!

Step 2:

Next onto the blusher. I have a lovely blush from The Natural Collection in 'Peach Melba' but today I want to show you something different!

Ever considered using your lippy as a cream blush?


For this look I am using Kate Moss Lasting Lipstick for Rimmel London in shade 01.

Dot the lipstick just above your cheek bone and dab a bit of moisturiser
onto your finger and blend in using circular motions.

Add more lipstick the stronger you want the colour.

This really adds to the fresh faced look I am trying to create, the single pop of colour lifts your whole face!


Step 3:


Next onto the eye shadow. For this look I am using the Smoky Eyes trio by Bourjois in pinks.

Using the an eyeshadow brush, sweep the palest colour all over the eyelid.

Next use the medium colour to define the eyelid crease.

Lastly take the darkest colour and use it on the outer part of the crease and around the area where the top and bottom lashline join.





Step 4:

Apply eyeliner and mascara. This step can be altered to your preferences but I like to use Rimmel London Exaggerate Waterproof eyeliner. I draw a thin line from the middle of my upper lid out to the end ending in a very small upward flick. I also draw a thin line under my eye keeping close to the waterline.


Then I apply one coat of Max Factor Masterpiece waterproof mascara on both my upper and lower lashes.


Step 5:

Apply the finishing touches! Dab some concealer on any blemishes, I use the No 7 under eye concealer for blemishes as well as dark under eye circles.

Tint your lips by dabbing lipstick along you lips and finish with a slick of lip gloss. I adore the Natural collection Juicy Lipglosses.


Twist your hair into a loose topknot and tah dah!



The finished product!

7 comments:

  1. i love this☺ im going to use this in the summer��

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooove that lipstick! It's gorgeous!
    Have a look at my blog at www.newcitygirlondating.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out my blog please, it's about all things beauty too! www.therhubarbandcustardblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey there!

    Cool blog! I love the background! Very vintage.

    If you would like a (free) header or custiomised template, just for credits, you can visis my blog @

    Lemonvalentine.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thankyou! Ya I'll check it out :)

      Delete

More Reading..