Translate



Wednesday, 22 May 2013

How to handle thick|frizzy hair!


If you have thick hair like mine, you'll envy those with easy to manage hair and search every aisle in the shop for products that will make yours just as manageable! To help you out a bit I thought I'd show you some products and tips that help with my hair! 

Aussie 3 minute miracle - frizz remedy conditioner.

 Now I usually avoid conditioners because they make my hair look greasy but this one is really good! It smells divine too!

I find all Aussie products great, not just for my hair - they have products for thin, limp hair as well.

 I would recommend using the conditioner from just above your ear to your ends because I find it unnecessary at the roots! 

After shampooing squeeze a blob onto your palms rub into the hair working up a lather. Leave for 1-3 minutes and rinse thoroughly.

 Try and leave your hair to dry a bit naturally before blow drying. 



Tangle Teezer.

 This has to be the best buy this month.

It really depends on your hair type but I find this is the only brush that doesn't make my hair go wild! It's a little more pricey than a regular brush but totally worth it. 

I have the neon pink but it comes in lots of other cute designs and there's a mini version too!



Nicky Clarke Desired hair straightener.

I think this is a great straightener, just as good as a GHD but much much cheaper.

I love the red colour and packaging, it looks really stylish.



It heats up really quick and also has an automatic turn off in case you leave it on by accident!

It comes with different heat settings from thin hair to extra thick and everything in between.


I have it on setting 'thick' and it works really well. 

With thick hair I would recommend pinning the part of the hair up and straightening small sections for the best result.



 Frizz-Ease Heat Defeat Spray. 



It's really important when applying any heat to your hair that you use a protector!  

Whenever I straighten my hair I brush out the piece of hair about an inch thick and wide and hold the bottle about 15cm away from the hair give it a spritz of Frizz-Ease and then run my fingers through the hair to make sure it's evenly coated and straighten as normal!



Another thing I would recommend is to get your hair thinned and trimmed regularly so keep it at full health! 

All products work fine on non thick hair too, I just find they are great for difficult to manage hair!


I hope you've enjoyed this post and that it helped you find a product for your hair :) x






1 comment:

  1. Your blog is great, i've got a tangle teezer there so good! i followed you! It would be really appreciated if you had a look at my blog and followed me back!! xx

    ReplyDelete

More Reading..